1st Annual Wayne/Holmes Artists' Exhibition
For the first time ever, the Wayne Center for the Arts presents an annual exhibit with just our local artists in mind!
Throughout the year, we regularly receive numerous requests for individual or group shows, but often cannot accommodate them in a timely manner due to a gallery schedule that is booked several years in advance.
Our goal is to remedy that situation by committing to an annual opportunity for any artist in Wayne or Holmes Counties to have the opportunity to be part of a yearly celebration of the artists in our community. Through a juried application process, artists can apply for up to three pieces of work to be entered for acceptance, to win cash prizes, and to eventually share their works with the community in the galleries of the Wayne Center for the Arts!
This exhibit is possible due to the generous support of the donors and members of the Wayne Center for the Arts and with special thanks to the Holmes Center for the Arts.
Artist Prospectus and Guidelines
• Each artist may submit up to three pieces of artwork that are of original composition, owned by the artist, completed within the last three years, and not previously displayed at the Wayne Center for the Arts (WCA).
• All mediums of artwork will be considered.
• Fees (nonrefundable): WCA Members (or Holmes Center for the Arts Sponsors): $10.00 per entry; Non-Members: $15.00 per entry.
• Entries must be submitted online with up to two digital photographs per piece showing all aspects of the work. Include artist’s name, and artwork title which correspond exactly with the artist’s entry form.(ex: JDoe.sunrise.1)
• Digital files should be a minimum of 300dpi, a maximum of 2GB per image, and in .jpeg format.
• Accepted entries must be delivered to WCA by the delivery date and must be prepared to safely display.
• No items will be accepted after the delivery date.
• WCA is not responsible for damage to artwork that has not been properly prepared for display.
• WCA reserves the right to remove artwork at any time.
• Artwork not picked up by the deadline will be considered abandoned and becomes the property of WCA.
• WCA has the right to use submitted work for marketing and publicity for the show.
• All sales will be handled by WCA and a 30% commission rate applies.
• Insured value must be 50% of Sale Price or NFS value. WCA is not responsible for pieces with unrealistically claimed value.
• Entry of Work constitutes acceptance of stated criteria.
• Additional information available at: www.wayneartscenter.org or email email@example.com
Calendar of events
Submission Deadline: October 1, 2018 5:00 pm
Exhibition: January 10, 2019 until February 14, 2019
Email Notification to Artists: by October 26, 2018 (or earlier)
Opening Reception and Awards: January 10, 2019 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
Delivery of Accepted Work: January 2, 2019 to 3:00 pm January 5, 2019.
Pick-Up of Displayed Work: Regular business hours from February 15 - 21, 2019
Best of Show $300
Runner Up $200
Honorable Mentions $100
Mary Pfeiffer Award for Photography $250
People’s Choice $100
All applications must be submitted by October 1st, 2019.