Status of WCA Events & Classes
UPDATE, 3/18, 4:00 PM: WCA is now closed to the public until further notice. We'll miss you and can't wait until we're all back together again.
Cancellations & Postponements:
- Gregg Kallor concert: canceled
- Programmable LED Display Workshop (with Schantz) : canceled
- A Day at Hogwarts: postponed (new date TBA)
- Give 'Em Hell, Harry: postponed (new date TBA)
- Still Life with Iris: this weekend's shows postponed (new date TBA)
- Pottery classes: postponed beginning March 16 until the week of April 6. More information coming soon (see below).
- Visual arts classes: postponed beginning March 16 until the week of April 6. More information coming soon (see below).
- Dance classes: postponed effective immediately. We will be sending information soon as to on-line dance instruction in the interim.
- Stage Ready Musical Theatre with WACPAC: postponed effective immediately
- Functional Ceramics Workshop: canceled
- Alice goes to Oz at the Akron Civic Theatre: postponed; new date: July 12, 2020
- All private lessons: postponed until further notice
- Pottery Open Studio: postponed until further notice
- ARTrageous Gala: postponed until September (date TBA)
A message from our Executive Director:
Dear WCA Family,
The health and safety of our students, artists, staff, and patrons are our greatest priority. In light of recent news regarding COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) being present in the Northeast Ohio community, we want to share with you the steps and procedures we are taking to keep everyone safe.
In the interest of public health and safety, Wayne Center for the Arts is taking the following measures:
As of today, all performances, group meetings, and special events will be postponed.
Consistent with the Governor's "Extended Spring Break" mandate, effective Monday, March 16th all classes and workshops will be pushed back until the week of April 6th. Classes will extend later into the Spring season and/or will be prorated accordingly. Workshops will be rescheduled to a later date and we will communicate that information as soon as possible.
All dance classes are postponed effective immediately. We will be sending information soon as to on-line dance instruction in the interim.
We will remain attentive to this ever-changing situation and will make further decisions providing updates as necessary. Please remember to follow the precautions and preventive measures as recommended by the Ohio Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control:
- wash your hands often with soap and water,
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands,
- avoid close contact with people who are sick,
- and please stay home when you are sick.
We apologize for any inconvenience these measures may cause. Please stay healthy and safe and keep creating and dancing regardless of your environment!
Yours in Arts & Health,
James Fox, Executive Director