Wooster Arts Jazz Fest
Saturday, September 17, 2016
In its 13th year, the Wooster Arts Jazz Fest 2016 will feature over 50 artists, along with children’s activities — including the PNC Bank Kids Creative Station and Balloon twisting; music, and gourmet food. The purpose of this festival is to celebrate the arts, provide sales opportunities for artists, and promote economic development in downtown Wooster.
Presented through a partnership between Main Street Wooster Foundation, Inc., Wayne Center for the Arts, Rotary Club of Wooster, Wooster Boys & Girls Club and the Wooster City Schools, the Wooster Arts Jazz Fest is organized by volunteers and funded through donations.
Call for Artists
Applications must be made by August 15, 2016
Rules & Guidelines:
· Check-in begins at 7:30am. Booth numbers and other materials will be distributed at check-in.
· Vending areas will be open for set-up from 7:30am-10:30am. Once your vehicle is unloaded, you must move your car to the designated parking location. All booths must be torn down by 8:30pm.
· The Wooster Arts Jazz Fest Panel reserves the right to refuse any application and to remove from the festival any work that has been misrepresented in the application process without refund of booth fees.
· All vendors must be present on site during the designated festival times. Booth sitters are available throughout the day.
· The Wooster Arts Jazz Fest Committee designates the placement of all vendors. Space location cannot be guaranteed.
· Vendors must provide their own tents, tables, chairs and/or booth display units.
· Electrical service is not available.
· Artists agree to allow Wooster Arts Jazz Fest to use submitted images of work in the promotion and advertising of the event.
· Vendors are responsible for the collection and payment of Ohio sales tax.
· Acceptance to Wooster Arts Jazz Fest cannot be reassigned to another vendor.
· All artwork must be original and created by, or under the direction of, the artist and must consist of predominately handmade parts.
· Artwork exhibited must be consistent with images reviewed and accepted.
· Quality commercial reproduction of original work may be sold. Reproductions must be signed editions and labeled ‘reproduction.’
· Booths may not contain work of non-juried artists.
· Artwork created from commercial molds, mass-produced kits, embellished objects or other commercial methods or artwork produced in studios involved in volume production will not be permitted.
Artists must submit one (1) image of booth and three (3) images of work labeled with Artist name, medium, dimensions. Images can be in .jpeg, .png or .gif format. We are looking for clean, well lit representations of the work you intend to exhibit at the Festival.
Media categories are provided as a guide. While a balanced show that equitably showcases both works of art and craft, as well as diversity among media is a principal objective, the Wooster Arts Jazz Fest establishes no quota or entitlement by media category.
A panel selected by Wooster Arts Jazz Fest will conduct a blind jury process. There is no jury fee. After reviewing submitted images and allowing for a balanced exhibit across mediums, the panel will invite applicants with the highest scores to participate. Notification of acceptance will be emailed by July 8, 2016. Booth fees of those applicants not accepted into the festival will be refunded.
By signing and remitting this application form, vendor agrees to abide by all rules and guidelines presented in the prospectus. Any violation of the rules will result in removal from the festival without refund of booth fee. All applicants expressly agree to release Wooster Arts Jazz Fest, Main Street Wooster, Wayne Center for the Arts, Wooster Rotary, Wooster City Schools and Wooster Boys & Girls Club and their agents from all liability for injury, damage or loss to persons or property.