The Wayne Center for the Arts seeks a full-time professional with an appreciation for the arts who can manage highly creative staff, contractors, and volunteers on a limited budget in a flexible environment. The ability to build and effectively manage external relationships and collaborations with community, governmental, school-based, nonprofit, private business, and other strategic partners is also essential.
The Executive Director will oversee:
- Educational planning and curriculum in areas of dance, ceramics, theatre, visual arts, and associated creative arts programming;
- Outreach and engagement efforts in arts education, arts access, and community event opportunities;
- Strategic planning and programming for a redesigned performance space, which will serve as a new creative arts presentation venue for the community;
- Grant funding and donor management/cultivation;
- Management of all teaching artists, arts contractors, administrative, and operational staff;
- Gallery curation in two large gallery spaces;
- Board management, support, and engagement;
- And all associated projects, events, and programs in a vibrant community arts center.
- Additional responsibilities also include budgetary oversight, marketing/publicity, operations, facility oversight, and all other financial and business aspects of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline is required, a master’s degree or equivalent experience is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in development and management of donor relationships and grant funding (Ohio Arts Council, NEA, foundations, etc.).
- Experience in performing arts presentation (booking, performing, management, etc.).
- Familiarity with arts education curriculum in a community arts environment.
- Experience in effectively managing an organizational budget, human resources, personnel, and operational needs of a facility.
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office (primarily Word and Excel) and be familiar with QuickBooks, website management, and social media marketing.
The Wayne Center for the Arts is an historic community-based arts education, presentation, and access institution located in the vibrant and growing micropolitan community of Wooster in the heart of beautiful Wayne County Ohio. The Center is entering its 46th year of existence, having arisen from a community effort for an arts and culture gathering place in 1973, and is housed in a renovated historic school house originally built in 1902.
Key programing for the organization includes a Pre-Professional Ballet Company, a long history of education in the visual ceramic arts, up to 10 annual exhibits in our two galleries, and multiple arts events, educational partnerships, and outreach programs that serve our mission to "enrich lives and strengthen communities through art".
In 2019, a renovation of an existing 1950s era small auditorium is planned (funded by a grant from the State of Ohio Cultural Facilities Commission) that will allow an opportunity for greater presentation of performing arts and a new source of earned income for the organization to be realized.
Preferably, the candidate will live in Wayne County and be an engaged leader in the community. Salary and benefits commensurate with skill level and experience. Submit resume and questions to: email@example.com.
Wayne Center for the Arts offers multiple teaching assignments at the Walnut Street School location, as well as outreach teaching opportunities throughout the community. We are continually looking for educators who are enthusiastic about art to join our team and teach visual art classes for preschool and elementary age students as well as adults.
Candidates that love teaching and are responsible, reliable, and flexible are encouraged to apply. Good organization and classroom management skills are required. Familiarity with the Ohio Department of Education Visual Art Standards is helpful and at a BA in art education, studio art, performing art, or similar field is preferred.
Teaching artists interested in independent contracting for instruction of any medium of visual, performing, or literary art form can apply via the contact info below. We are now planning for class offerings in summer 2019, beginning in June. Inquiries should include lesson plans for either multi week class sessions or day workshops. You can refer to our most recent course catalog for examples of the types and lengths of classes we currently offer.
Those interested in applying should email a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail application information to:
Wayne Center for the Arts
237 S. Walnut St.
Wooster, Ohio 44691
No phone calls please.